I have a confession to make.
I am an eyeliner junkie. And I'm a picky one at that. I tend to be the kind of person who doesn't like spending money (my cheap behind) on something I haven't tried out, or at least researched to the millisecond of purchasing it. I have just got to know whether or not I'll be disappointed, how a product works with my skin type, and most importantly, is it worth it?

Which led me to ask Momo, my good friend Monique (Hey, Mo'!) which eyeliner she was using that fateful day on Skype. At the time, I was looking for an eyeliner that fit the exact criteria of what I wanted. Before buying the Maybelline Line Stiletto, I always went back and forth between the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner and the NYC Liquid Liner, which, I won't lie, were both good but I quickly got tired of constantly wearing gel liner and the eyeliner was at the point where it's been past 18 months, the labels been rubbed off completely, and it just "ain't gonna work!" It was time to get a new one.
Not only did I have a very slim selection of lining products, but I also didn't have, as I call it, "my ideal liner". I wanted one that, unlike the NYC one, had a shorter applicator and a felt tip that wasn't too flexible but at the same time wasn't a brush attached to a wand that could potentially stab my eyes out.
And then, I thought...
"Maybe it's Maybelline?!"
Jokes aside, I really do enjoy this liner. The Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner retails for a bout $5.97 at Walmart where I ended up purchasing it, and as a cheapy, I have to say it is well worth it. In fact, I'd rate it as a little bit more, and that right there says a lot.
First off, when I bought it (after enough research to bring NASA to it's knees), I noticed it claimed to have "ultimate precision" powers and I for one will have to admit the hypothesis is valid and it is almost perfect. I got it in the color "501 Blackest Black" and I've noticed quite a few things about it.
Pros:
I am an eyeliner junkie. And I'm a picky one at that. I tend to be the kind of person who doesn't like spending money (my cheap behind) on something I haven't tried out, or at least researched to the millisecond of purchasing it. I have just got to know whether or not I'll be disappointed, how a product works with my skin type, and most importantly, is it worth it?
Which led me to ask Momo, my good friend Monique (Hey, Mo'!) which eyeliner she was using that fateful day on Skype. At the time, I was looking for an eyeliner that fit the exact criteria of what I wanted. Before buying the Maybelline Line Stiletto, I always went back and forth between the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner and the NYC Liquid Liner, which, I won't lie, were both good but I quickly got tired of constantly wearing gel liner and the eyeliner was at the point where it's been past 18 months, the labels been rubbed off completely, and it just "ain't gonna work!" It was time to get a new one.
Not only did I have a very slim selection of lining products, but I also didn't have, as I call it, "my ideal liner". I wanted one that, unlike the NYC one, had a shorter applicator and a felt tip that wasn't too flexible but at the same time wasn't a brush attached to a wand that could potentially stab my eyes out.
"Maybe it's Maybelline?!"
Jokes aside, I really do enjoy this liner. The Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner retails for a bout $5.97 at Walmart where I ended up purchasing it, and as a cheapy, I have to say it is well worth it. In fact, I'd rate it as a little bit more, and that right there says a lot.
First off, when I bought it (after enough research to bring NASA to it's knees), I noticed it claimed to have "ultimate precision" powers and I for one will have to admit the hypothesis is valid and it is almost perfect. I got it in the color "501 Blackest Black" and I've noticed quite a few things about it.
Pros:
- Color Payoff is Great: When I first tried it out, I thought it would leave an unbearable shine and gleamed to a point where it almost looked like a fake sticker I could peel off. But, after it dried, I found myself very happy with how well the color applied and stayed true to being the blackest black.
- Small Bottle, Lots of Product: At first, I was like, "what, come on? Is this all I'm getting?" And yes, it was all I was getting and I realized it was all I needed. Two-Three months now and still going strong with almost everyday of application, and it still hasn't come close to running out. That, ladies (and gentlemen) is what I call quality product.
- The Packaging: Small, versatile, and decent palm space on an applicator is all I could ever ask.
- The Felt Tip: Okay, this is the most important part of eyeliner, to me at least. This is a nice, pointed, flexible felt tip attached to a decently length-ed wand that manages to get into the inner eye corner without smudging everywhere.
- Formula: I am not a fan of eyeliner that does not come right off. This eyeliner is so easy to take off, I don't have anymore to say about it except: score.
Cons:
- Formula: I've noticed that I have really oily eyelids so at the end of the day the staying power isn't to die for. Now, don't get me wrong, it is great for a few hours and to be honest it's not so bad to the point that I wouldn't repurchase this. It's more like I wish that there was an improvement on the formula for us oilier lidded girls that don't want to go for water proof. All I want is a little bit of wing that won't smudge, is that so hard to ask?
- The Tip: I don't hate the tip, but at the same time I could only wish it wasn't so flexible when it came to winging it out. It tends to get a little lopsided and all over the place when it isn't completely precise.
This is a great product, I would repurchase it, and it's my favorite and only liquid liner I use currently.
Thanks for reading!
xoxo
Dalia
my favorite liquid eyeliner is by urban decay but thank you so much for the great review :)
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.
Urban decay is a pretty great brand, I won't lie for that one. :]
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment! Feel free to leave any suggestions for the next review.
xoxo ♥